The Atlanta Track Club did a great job organizing this low-key, no T-shirt event. I haven't run more than a couple of miles in two weeks so I was hurting a bit during the 2nd and 3rd mile. Gotta work on my endurance. Had trouble breathing considering that the temperature and humidity were pretty mild this morning. There were some long hills too. I was surprised to hear 8:23 as I passed the first mile marker, guess I started out a little too fast. I was thinking of going around a 10:00 pace. The next mile was also under 9 minute. I tensed up and felt some tightness around the 3rd mile. The 4th mile was fairly flat, I thought I ran smoothly. Just needed to relax and control my breathing a little better during the middle parts. I was able to sprint the last 50 yards or so to finish in under 35 minutes which was my goal for this race. My time was 34:55 so I did all right, I guess. I had fun, learned something, and finished strong. So I will take this experience and apply it to my next run. The most important thing is that I enjoyed myself with my first ever 4 mile race today.
No comments:
Post a Comment