
Hey members of the Party of NO. You guys lost.
Big Time. Landslide. Get Over it.
* On a lighter note, I ran 2 miles in 15 minutes today. Finally, I'm hitting the 7 minute mile mark. It took about 5 months, but when I began running regularly in April, I couldn't even jog continuously for more than 10 minutes or a mile at a time.
This morning I got up at 5 AM, it was a muggy 75 degrees. I warmed up thoroughly by walking and jogging in the Target parking lot for about 25 minutes while waiting for Bally Total Fitness to open up. The lights came on at 5:41, guess someone showed up late for work, it was supposed to open at 5:30. I went inside, picked the nearest treadmill and ran like heck for 15 minutes at the speed of 8.2 or 7:20 mile pace. It felt great, I could run another 2 miles but I looked at my watch and it is 6 o'clock. I got to be at work by 7. Went home, took my quickest shower ever, drank my breakfast yogurt, ate a GU gel packet with Accelerade and water, got dressed, fed the cats, did the litterboxes, and drove to work. Stopped at Rev for a large coffee. Got delayed for about 5 minutes there. I signed in at 7:02. I was in the cafeteria right at 7:05 for the start of my day at the elementary school.
BRUCE LEE QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own"

No comments:
Post a Comment