Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Schools closing in Georgia

I got 2 words for the county, and one of them is BITE...
When other counties close their schools, nobody reports to work. Because it's a waste of time, energy, resources and money when there is no need to do that. It's just common sense.

Today we finally got to see Mister Sun, out and about after brief appearances over the last five days. CNN was reporting yesterday that some areas in Atlanta got 20 inches of rain over three days. But of course this is CNN we are talking about here.
But seriously, 9 people died during this remarkable flooding over the last few days. Schools, businesses, major highways and interstates were shut down. At one point 200 roads were closed and 17 counties in the state were declared a state of emergency. This was way worse than any snowstorm or cold weather conditions that Georgia had ever seen. Do people still believe we don't need the government in times like this?

Anyways, I had a day off from our school district closing so I went running OUTSIDE at Silver Comet Trail. It was nice, warm, sunny and dry, surprisingly there were not many people at the trail when I went around 3 PM. There was no traffic either. Ran for about 30 minutes, sweated like a pig and almost stepped on a four foot snake on the ground.

No comments: