These are the shoes I ran in every day this week. The Atlanta metro area was blanketed with up to 6 inches of snow in some places. Schools were closed for the entire week, most people couldn't even get out of their driveways. Roads and sidewalks were covered in solid sheets of ice for 3,4 consecutive days. I ran every single day, the streak is still on. I managed to run at a park across the streets from our house several times. The first day right after it snowed, I ran in the middle of the roads on Monday Rush hour, there were no traffic, of course. One day I went to Silver Comet trail, ran on the snow for a couple of hours. The ground was still covered with ice and several inches of packed snow, but I took it easy and stay under control wearing these shoes with sheet metal screws into the treads. They worked great and I think I will keep them on and use them for running on the trails at the Chattahoochee River later on. I forced myself to run every single day despite the facts that the roads and sidewalks were frozen solid with a couple inches of snow and ice. The important points were traction, speed and proper form. I try to land midfoot, under my center of gravity and stay relaxed throughout by bending the knees and focus on each step. It was invigorating, frightening, fun, and challenging all at the same time.

|
Home-made Cross-Country trail snow running shoes, using 3/8 inch sheet metal screws
|
 |
| running on the Silver Comet trail with about 4 inches of packed snow on the ground |
No comments:
Post a Comment