Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Barefoot Running Book

The Barefoot Running Book 2nd Edition is available for download for FREE at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mvlk66bp7i5lh7a
I already bought the first edition for the Kindle and iPad a few weeks back (for only $2.99).
The Barefoot Running Book: A practical Guide to Learning the art and Science of Barefoot and Minimalist shoe running by Jason Robillard.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution/ Atlanta Track Club Peachtree Road Race 10K is in 2 weeks. It's a race for the few hundreds of elite runners and maybe several thousands of serious running snobs. But really for the rest of us (55,000+) casual runners/ joggers/ exercise enthusiasts/ recreational athletes/ weekend warriors/ walkers, it is a giant enormous big 'ol glorified Group Run.  As in one 6 mile long party/ celebration/ cheering fans/ water firehose spraying/ bands playing/ people watching/ costume wearing/ beer drinking/ walkers puffing huffing/ cellphone talking/ picture taking spectacle. I caught the running bug after finishing the 2009 Peachtree, and started running regularly after that.  This year's race will be my 4th P'tree Road Race.
Even if I'm not running, who knows?  (I'm still waiting for my number in the mail, we moved recently and the ATC won't send it to our new address, so have to depend on the US Postal Service)  I will still be celebrating my 2nd anniversary of running. Road running, as in outdoor street running, trails running, racing 5K occasionally. Today marks the 193 straight days of running for me. My last rest day was December 10, 2010. For almost 7 months, I have not missed a single day.
My goal remains the same: to run every day.  I keep it simple, no training plan, no strict formal regimented program.  I pace myself accordingly, slow down when I get tired or strained, speed up if I feel better, and maintain the same pace if I feel good. Running should be pleasurable, enjoyable, and manageable.  It should not be a chore or a job that you got to do.  I wake up every day looking forward to going out for a run, I make time do go run for at least a mile.  That first mile is always the toughest, it gets easier after the first 10 minutes.  I usually stop after about 30 minutes or 3.1 miles on most days.  Lately, I've been doing about 4 miles minimum but slowed down my pace slightly because of the summer heat and humidity. It's just harder to breathe.

No comments: