- saw Avatar last night. First half hour looked promising, then the self-indulgent pretentiousness kicked in. Cheesy, overrated and mindless entertainment. Long winded and unnecessary 'splosions and shootings. If there was a redeeming value, it was to point out that the Military does 2 things well: blowing things up and killing people. James Cameron is the King of Cheese and takes himself way too seriously, the movie was humorless. Here's a sample of the best dialogue: "I see you....I see you...." That's was actually amusing, unintended funny. Now there was a reason why Titanic was on my list as one of the all-time worst films, I laughed at it inappropriately, too-when the ship was sinking at the end climaxing with all those creaking squeaky sound effects.
- I think I'm going to turn in 15 different lesson plans. Just to confuse the authority and give 'em a taste of their own medicine. Not really, I wish I have time to do that.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
King of Cheese
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment