- Today I tried running again, everything was fine and dandy for the first ten minutes or so. I even warmed up by walking about 6 minutes on the sidewalks. A mile and a half into the run, there came that tighten sored lower calf muscle. Had to slow down and eventually walked it off the rest of the way back. I felt out of shape and struggled to breathe after a mile just before the lower calf tighten up. This injury thing is annoying. If anything good comes out of it, it would be that I'd have to adapt my running style to a more midfoot landing as opposed to mostly heel-landing. I know I have to shorten my strides, relax the shoulders and upper body even more, bend the knees slightly. Run lighter, land softer and take shorter strides. Shuffle shuffle shuffle.
Saturday, September 04, 2010
Labor Day weekend
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Goethe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment