Thursday, September 09, 2010

Say Hello to my little Imaginary Friend

Proselytize
  • convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
  • advocate or promote (a belief or course of action).
Either way, I believe it was inappropriate, manipulative and offensive to a lot of people who work in the government or the public school systems.  Now I could care less what religion you belong to, I have friends and relatives who are Christians, Buddhists, Jewish, Hindi, Muslim, Wiccan, Pagan, atheists, and agnostics.  But what I do care is how you conduct yourself and do you force your faith down someone else's throat.  Does the concept of separation of church and state mean anything to anyone any more?  Or is it separation of church and brain?  And to make matter worse, it was disguised as "Character Education".  "He" is a friend indeed, an imaginary friend up in the sky who's watching and listening to  everything you do and say.  How creepy!  And if there's a god, he's not doing a very good job right now.  Please count me in as a non-believer, skeptic, agnostic, heathen or whatever.

To quote George Carlin, "the only good thing that ever came out of religion was the music."

No comments: