Saturday, October 23, 2010

Right on!

My definition of Success=making it to the starting line and then crossing the finish line.  Enjoy and learn from every run.  I've only been doing this running thing for about 18 months. Hey, kinda like the Prez of the United States.
Ran the Atlanta Track Club's Cross country Haunted Hustle 5K in Canton's Boling Park this morning with a PR of 23:50. Personal Record: best time for this distance.  Changed my mind at the last minute and didn't wear the Brooks Mach 11 spikeless shoes.  Oh well, there's always next time.  I felt pretty comfortable with my Brooks Launch neutral trainer, my feet and legs didn't bother me at all during the entire race.  Breathing was under control and even had something left at the end so now I know that I could improve in the future. I got to do some speedworks, tempo runs, repeats and longer runs.  Tomorrow I'm going long, about 6 or so recovery miles.
I keep telling my wife that I will NEVER ever run a Marathon, a half-marathon, an ultra or any triathlon.  For some reason she doesn't believe me!  Running for two hours or more just doesn't appeal to me, last week I ran 8.5 miles, the farthest that I've ever run, and it felt great.  But I do not want to keep doing it for another hour and a half.  Life is all about balance and finding your own limits, right?  Too much of a good thing can be........(fill in the blank).

No comments: