Sunday, March 21, 2010

80 days down, 285 more to go.

*  Today marks the 80th day in a row that I've been running since January 1st of this year. Two easy miles today wearing my new Brooks T6 racing flats. Wow, they are light and fast, only 6 ounces each, feels like spikes.  I'm breaking them in for my next 5K race which will be the Jonquil City Jog next month. I will be ready for it this time.
Being a member of the Atlanta Track Club, I already registered for the Peachtree Road Race 10K over two weeks ago.  The annual PRR is held on July 4th, the world's largest 10K race with over 55,000 runners held here in Atlanta.  This will be my 3rd time running it (previously 2001 and 2009). My new goal is to have fun and run at around 50 minutes/ 8 minute mile pace and not just merely finish it like the last two times that I ran, both of which took over an hour.

*  My NCAA March Madness bracket is officially busted!  I picked 5 of the Sweet 16 teams.  Five!!! I got one team left going to the Final Four: West Virginia.  Oh, man, might as well pick Northern Iowa and St. Mary's  to be in the finals with the scores 59-55 in favor of Northern Iowa.  This has been one wild and crazy tournament.

*  Finally, the nightmare is over. This victory tonight is for you Ted Kennedy.  Show 'em how it's done. America has voted, and Republicans...you are FIRED!  Remember to vote the rest of them out this coming November.  No more of the party of NO. No more obstructionists.
So, when is Rush Limbaugh moving?  Didn't he publicly declared that he would move to some Central America country if the Health Care Reform bill passed?  Yes, it's a done deal.  Tonight.
Here is the Limbaugh quote: "I don't know. I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented, I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."


I'm Gonna Run (500 miles) this year

No comments: