Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Georgia Council for the Arts facing elimination

Georgia Council for the Arts facing elimination

Posted using ShareThis

This is embarrassing.  Georgia will be the only state in the country without an arts council.
I was in the theater show business for 13 years including 6 in this state until 2000 when I went back to school to get certified to teach.  What am I teaching now?  Art!
Of course music and art teachers will be the first ones to get axed when they cut the budget. They already cut the elementary music teaching positions in Fulton County.  Isn't interesting that we can find money for 2 wars in foreign countries but can't afford to pay our school teachers.  I didn't hear many people complain about the military spending all these years. Bet you didn't know that 53 cents of every dollar you pay in tax go to the Defense Budget, that's right, 53% of our taxes are spent on the military. Be all you can be.
Maybe I should look into becoming a professional poker player.

No comments: