- Embrace whatever life throws at you.
- Don't make it MORE than what it is.
- Use that sense of humor, and lose the attitude.
- Be clear, be concise, and then listen actively.
- Do your own job & keep yo' mouth shut while you're doing it.
- Whatever happened to Feng Shui?
- Saw a fourth grader reading "Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul 2" at school.
- I'm gonna check out Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian" and Barbara Strauch's "The Secret Life of the Grown-Up Brain" at the Smyrna library this week. Currently I'm reading "Generation A" by Douglas Coupland and Ha Jin's "A Good Fall".
- Daydream Default Mode is the official technical term for my current state of being (as heard on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross).
- These events are taking place this Saturday in downtown Atlanta: Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park, FIRST Championships (Robotics Olympics) at the Georgia Dome, Braves baseball game at Turner Field, Hawks playoff basketball and Freaknik.
- I'm avoiding all the traffic downtown and go to Rev Coffee for RevFest '10.
- Long run today of 6 miles in 80 degree weather on the Silver Comet Trail. Along the way I smelled wisteria, BBQ grills, water in a creek, smoke from a fire, pungent perfume, freshly mowed grass, and automobile exhaust when the trail intersects the roads.
- My MP3 player has mostly Putumayo World Music among others, but for some reason when I put it on random play, Beck, Radiohead, Depeche Mode and Beastie Boys songs get played more frequently than anything else? Especially Beck.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Makin' It Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment