Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Heavy

Listening to "How You Like Me Now?" by The Heavy on my iPhone KCRW Eclectic24 Music Channel.  Other internet radio stations app I have are: SomaFM, RadioParadise, Last.FM and KCRW.  No, I don't want Pandora.

Ran The Jonquil City Jog 5K this morning in the light rain.  Afterwards while waiting for the traffic to clear I decided to drive over to the SilverComet and do another 3 miles.  Slow is better this time, it felt great to run easy at a 10:00 pace instead of pushing hard trying for a 7:00 mile earlier.  Also had on my MP3 player and Wrek-FM radio playing, that might have had something to do with it. So, total today: 6.6 miles, 60 minutes, 60 degrees rainy weather. It has been warm and sunny all week long and now the weekend is here and it's currently about 62 degrees and still raining.  The Jonquil Festival is washed out.

* Manu Ginobili is simply the most complete NBA player that I have ever seen, and I've been playing and watching basketball for over 32 years.  There is a reason why he was the MVP of the last Olympics games when he led Argentina to their gold medal and he is still way under rated in the NBA.  All you hear about are the Kobe, the Lebron, the Wade, all are great athletes, but not a complete team player and not as reckless and fearless like Ginobili.

Brooks Green Silence Racing Flats

The books are never about what you think they are about. Survivor is really about our education system because I feel, more often than not, kids are sort of taught or trained to be the best possible cogs in some big corporate machine. They’re not really taught in an empowered way that they can start their own company so that they can create and run their own lives. They are sort of taught to be just good employees, to just fit in.Cite Arrow Chuck Palahniuk

No comments: