- Kobe who? Pierce was fierce tonight. Somebody tell the Lakers that basketball is a team sport. You can score 50 points by yourself but if your team don't play defense or you make too many turnovers, by yourself, you and your team will lose. I guarantee it. The Celtics had a balance offense: Rondo, Garnett, Allen, and Pierce. Most importantly, they play together as a team. Doc Rivers is gonna win the 2nd championship in three years on Tuesday night.
- Re: USC football program and the sanction: Apparently you CAN change the past.
- World Cup Soccer: so far I was impressed with Ghana and South Korea. But it's only the first round and day 3. There are still over three weeks left.
- Hey, don't blame me, I didn't vote for Sonny. Have never, ever voted for a Republican.
- The Tony Awards finally had Sound Design categories? I did not know that. Apparently they added them 2 years ago. Looking over this year's nominees for the Tonys, I saw about 6 names of designers that I either know, met or have worked with. (Don Holder, Dan Schreier, Paul Tazawell, Kenny Leon, Catherine Zuber and Constanza Romero-who went to UC Santa Cruz and graduated from the theater arts dept. when I was a sophomore there. Of course she's also the widow of August Wilson.)
- Actually I am still using these Sony headphones that sound designer Dan Moses Schreier gave me when I worked with him on a show at Portland Stage in Maine. I can't believe that it's been 19 years? The pair of Doc Marten shoes from the costume shop at Center Stage in Baltimore-I'm still wearing them, 16 years later, and they're the most comfortable shoes ever. I'm thinking of getting another pair of those. The cafe table from Dallas Theater Center is outside in the porch, we use it every day. It's kinda humorous really to see little pieces of souvenirs that I've collected over the years from theaters I've worked at all over the country. I don't think I have anything from Shakespeare Santa Cruz or American Players Theatre in Wisconsin. Nada from Georgia Shakespeare or the Alliance in Atlanta either. One day I'm going to compile a list of theaters and mementos from those places in an upcoming blog. Stay tuned.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Flakers are done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment