USA wins Group C with a goal by Landon Donovan in the 91st minute of a 90-minute game. Man, what a game! Greatest win ever for US Soccer! USA was facing elimination with about 2 minutes left in the game, great determination and teamwork at the end won it. I was about to give up on them and planning on writing in this blog about how unorganized, boring and inconsistent the team was playing. In addition to having no real offensive threat or having no creativity in the midfield. The defense is still shaky with the exception of Demerit and the only consistency on offense was Jozy Altidore. All right I take all that back because in the end, they delivered a victory. It was also a good game for the goalie Tim Howard who distributed a great long throw to start the 5 on 2 fast break and eventually the game-winner.
Uh oh, if they make it to the Quarterfinals next round I would have to run naked in the streets of Atlanta since I bet on it a few weeks back. Free Willy, here I come.
- Watching paint taking itself seriously. Referring to Glenn Beck by Stephen Colbert.
- I promise that I will not make any more promises.

No comments:
Post a Comment