Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Things I'm thankful for

3 things I am thankful for:
  1. My Freedom
  2. Mi Familia
  3. My Health: physical, mental and spiritual.
Yes, I do eat other food besides Chinese. I'm not even Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.  It's amazing how Americans in the South are still clueless about others from the rest of the world. Just imagine if I was to ask this African-American woman does she eats anything else besides fried chicken and watermelon?   A teacher I work with asked me when will I go "back to visit my country"???  She was shocked when I told her that I'm married to a Caucasian woman and I've been living here for 32 years.

This picture was from The Impossible 5K race last Sunday morning at 1:55 AM.  I finished with a new PR of 23:10.  The clock turned back at 2 AM because it was Daylight Saving Time, so I actually finished the race before I started: at 1:18 AM.  I was really surprised to see over 900 runners/walkers/people out there at 1:30 AM on a cold Saturday night 28 degrees in the middle of a Mall parking lot.  I thought may be, at most, 80 people would show up.

“America put the crazy people who got us into this mess back in charge"   Bill Maher

No comments: