Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Running Inspiration

  • Cold is a state of mind.  I have always been a fan of snow and frigid cold cold weather.  Anything around 32, freezing and below makes me giddy like a little schoolgirl.  Today was another day of running at the Silver Comet trail.  Saw two other runners and maybe a total of 6 cyclists during my 3 mile run.  The temperature was 34 and I was sweating at the end.  I was slightly overdressed with a long sleeve shirt, a jacket and long pants.  Should have worn shorts.
  • There is a difference between Motivation and Isolation.  Just like there's a difference between inspiration and alienation, regarding the recent meeting at school. 
  • Multitasking is not productive, efficient or wise, if you ask me.  The last few years I've become more zen about working, pushing hard, high expectations and overachieving.  It's not healthy for your body, mind, soul and spirit.  For me it is much more peaceful to do things slowly and to embrace the present.  Do one thing at a time.  Look at person you are with in the eye, listen actively, and just be there, right then.
  • Bernie Sanders of Vermont is my latest hero.  No wonder Burlington, Vermont is one of my favorite cities in the world.  No Deal, Obama.  Filibuster the heck out of this.  What kind of a compromise is that when the Republicans got everything they wanted?
  • KUCINICH 2012.  Too bad last time we didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, who had more balls than Obama the Wuss.

No comments: