Word of the day: "Critical!"
Use it in a sentence: "It's Critical, ma'am!"
Yungster's New Artist Statement
Through my work I attempt to examine the phenomenon of Popeye as a methaphorical interpretation of both Van Gogh and kicking. What began as a personal journey of Snapism has translated into images of pho and calf that resonate with Asian people to question their own greenness.
My mixed media shoe embody an idiosyncratic view of Mojo, yet the familiar imagery allows for a connection between Elvis, watch and eggs. My work is in the private collection of who said "Wham!, that's some real amazing Art." I am a recipient of a grant from Folsom Prison where I served time for stealing mugs and tie clips from the gift shop of The MOMA. I have exhibited in group shows at Taco Bell and The High Museum, though not at the same time. I currently spend my time between my studio and Berlin.
(from the Artist Statement Generator 2000 http://www.10gallon.com/statement2000/)
No comments:
Post a Comment