1) I was born in Viet Nam.
2) I'm a pacifist.
3) I'm ambidextrous.
4) I am doubled-jointed and no, I don't know Kung Fu or Karate or Tai Kwan Do or Judo.
5) My favorite number is 9.
6) I have never missed a day of school from K to 12th grade. Perfect attendance.
7) I love to travel. I have been to 4 continents and over 20 different countries.
8) I have lived in 8 different states and I still have driver licenses/ IDs from those states- my wife says it's illegal, yeah I know, but I like to keep them as souvenirs. Shh, don't tell anyone.
9) I have driven across the country three times. The first time was with the whole family, when we moved back from Puerto Rico, we drove to Iowa and then headed out West to San Diego. The other times I was driving solo from California to Maine and Maryland. I loved it. I think I was born to ride.
10) I am proud to be a Jock, a geek, and an artist.
11) In the late 80's, I was a DJ at KZSC-FM, in Santa Cruz, California.
12) I was a DJ at KCR-Radio, San Diego State Unviversity
13) I was a DJ at WMPG- Portland, Maine in the early 90's.
14) I was a DJ at WORT- in Madison, Wisconsin for one summer.
15) The show's name was The Temple of Boom.
16) I love the 80's.
17) I am a born-again Agnostic
18) I have worked as a courier, a library tech, a sound engineer, a stage manager, lighting designer, assembly line worker, census taker, a cashier, and newspaper delivery person.
19) I have not broken any bones in my body. I might have broken someone else's during my high school soccer days.
20) I am a Feminist.
21) I am psychic, sometimes. I might know what you're thinking.
22) My favorite subjects in school were Math and P.E.
23) I have been keeping a journal since I was 8.
24) I've lived through 5 decades, 2 centuries, and 2 millenium ?
25) I love to eat all kinds of food.
26) Coffee, Java, Cafe, joe, mocha...3 cups a day.
27) Desserts, oh sweetness, anything sweet.
28) I can memorize 500 students' names in 3 weeks. I have to see these elementary school kids at least once a week to teach them.
29) I am an ISFP on the Myers-Briggs type.
30) I am obsessed with making lists.
31) I am a cat person. We have 3 adult cats and 2 orphaned kittens. I like their independence and aloofness.
32) I am a music lover. Eclectic: blues, funk, punk, country, rock, reggae, jazz, electronica, folk, hip hop, soul, worldbeat, bring 'em on. Right now I'm listening to Channel 76 on XM Satellite Radio.
33) I think Silence is underrated and technology is overrated.
34) I know I am just as smart as a fifth grader.
35) This statement is untrue.
36) I drink 9 glasses of water a day.
37) I do 9 reps of a set when I work out.
38) I have 9 pairs of shoes.
39) I was the co-captain of my high school soccer team. I was number 18 (1+8=9)
40) I was the captain of my college intramural basketball team.
41) I like to march to the beats of my own drummer.
42) I don't like alcohol or beer.
43) OK, once in a while, when I drink beer, I like Land Shark
44) I listen to NPR, mostly for news and Car Talk on the weekend.
45) I watch ESPN, TLC, Bravo, F/X, Comedy Central, VH-1 and HGTV.
46) I know how to breathe properly, using my diaphram.
47) I am rediscovering the importance of PLAY in life. I am playing right now.
48) I'm a tree hugger.
49) I love cold weather. My ideal temperature is 45 degree F.
50) I miss the seasons, the changing of the colors of the leaves, the snow, rain.
51) I have broken the law in three different states.
52) I rode my bike to work at the Dallas Theater Center in 100 degrees heat. Dry. Texas. Heat. July.
53) I like walking around bare foot.
54) I like walking around wearing flip-flops.
55) I used to walk to school in elementary school wearing sandals.
56) Never had socks or shoes until I came to the US when I was 13.
57) Speak Spanish when I can. The new elementary school where I'll be teaching next year has a 70% Hispanic student body.
58) I won a shorthand and typing contest in high school.
59) My brother is a member of the SWAT team with the San Diego Police Dept.
60) Perhaps that's why I like to make fun of the men in blue. My favorite TV show is Reno 911.
61) I'm an Air American.
62) That's right, I am a Liberal Progressive Leftist Democrat. And I can vote. Deal with it.
63) I'm an introvert. I believe "action speaks louder."
64) I am an equal-opportunity offender.
65) I do enjoy getting these thoughts off my chest in my own unique way.
66) I have subscriptions to The Sun, Utne Reader, Good, Funny Times and School Arts magazines. My favorite place to go is the public library. I read a lot of non-fiction.
67) Easily-amused, easily-offended, and easily-distracted.
68) Am Allergic to religion.
69) I'm a decent speller. "Numbnut" anyone?
70) I can clap with one hand.
71) I play the piano, guitar and harmonica.
72) I can read music but I prefer to read books.
73) I like to answer questions with other questions or say Why not?
74) I might be dyslexic. I was ticketed for driving 52 in a 25 MPH zone and for driving 53 in 35 zone. Seriously.
75) I know what I did last summer.
76) Ah, the Food Network. For some reason I always watch it even though I don't cook or have any desire to learn or try to cook.
77) Yeah, I'm so vain, and I think this song is about me.
78) I named our 2 new kittens: Pablo and Georgia after famous artist Picasso & O'Keefe. Our other cats' names are Jasmine, Frankie and Mo.
79) I believe in Karma.
80) Teachers are my role models.
81) I think life is about finding balance and serenity in the midst of all the changes and challenges.
82) Attitude is everything. I frequently have to adjust mine.
83) My motto: Control your passion.
84) Always working on my alias, nickname, pseudonym, noms de plume, pen name, AKA
85) Lead, Follow, or get out of the way. Neither, I make up my own new rules.
86) Patience is a burden.
87) Ignore these four words.
88) Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can rent it. I am a renter by the way.
89) Homeownership is a scam, y'all. We were homeowners for 5 years. Never again.
90) I refuse to surrender my freedom! Freedom is absolutely free. No cost. Nada.
91) I believe there is a time and place for everything.
92) I make the hard stuff easy.
93) I make the easy stuff hard.
94) I do my best and hope for the best. That's my teaching philosophy.
95) Everything I know I learned in the ART room.
96) I like to use my imagination.
97) I always do what's next.
98) I know when to stop.
99) I remember the lyrics to the song 99 LuftBalloons by Nena.
No comments:
Post a Comment