Wednesday, June 18, 2008

God Bless Everyone. No exceptions!

"Most people do not pray; they only BEG." George Bernard Shaw

"I find it very difficult to ask G*d for things in the way that I was taught as a child. Do I believe G*d is going to take away my illness when he turned an entirely deaf ear to the 6 million Jews who went into the gas chambers?" Karen Armstrong

"I once asked a Jesuit priest what was the best short prayer he knew. He said, "F*ck it," as in "F*ck it; it's in G*d's hands." Anthony Hopkins

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness." Emo Philips

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." Mark Twain

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." Voltaire

As far as I know, these well-known folks were (are) agnostics too: Mark Twain, Carrie Fisher, Bill Maher, Andy Rooney, Carl Sagan, W.C. Fields,Steve Wozniak, Marie Curie, and Albert Einstein.

No comments: