Monday, June 30, 2008

Fascination with the number 3

Recently I've become aware of the number three in American culture. I must admit I am fascinated with 3 or things that come in three. Upon further inspection I came up with an ever-growing list of this so-called Trichotomic pattern in American culture:

1,2,3
A,B,C
Beginning, Middle, End
First, Middle, Last
Body, Mind, Spirit
Left, Center, Right
Heaven, Hell, Purgatory
Guitar, Bass, Drum
Introduction, Body, Conclusion
Good, Better, Best
3 Stooges
3 Amigos
3 Musketeers
Tall, Grande, Venti
Small, Medium, Large
Trifecta
Triple Crown
Trinity
Hat Trick
Third Time's a charm
Tripod
Tic-Tac-Toe
triple threat (Sing,Dance,Act)
Rock,Paper,Scissors
Three-Ring Circus
Three-ring binder
Men, Women, Children
Blood, Sweat, Tears
Snap, Crackle, Pop
Ready, Set, Go
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reading, 'Riting, 'Rithmetic
Past, Present, Future
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Earth, Wind, Fire
Solid, Liquid, Gas
Lights, Camera, Action
Win, Lose, Draw
Acronyms: CBS, NFL, AAA, NBA, UPS, CNN, ATM...
Land, Sea, Air
3 strikes
Three Little Kittens
Three little pigs
Three little bears
Red, White, Blue
First, Second, Third
Beg, Borrow, Steal
Cool, Calm, Collected
Me, Myself, I
Ready, Willing, Able
Love, Honor, Obey
Gay, Straight, Bi
Menage-a-trois
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Three of a kind
Three's Company
Three's a crowd
Upper, Middle, Lower classes
3 branches of government

No comments: