Saturday, January 16, 2010

5K Race report. Yeah, I got this...

...And it almost killed me.
My plan almost backfired. I went out the first mile faster than usual, looked briefly at the Garmin watch and it was around 7:00 minute pace. Yeah, way too fast for me. I was struggling to breathe and to keep my form during the second mile, tensed up in the shoulders and chest. I was having a hard time not relaxing. The final and third mile was all about hanging on for dear life, did not have much left in the tank at the finish line. Surprisingly I ran the last mile at an 8 minute pace.
Hey, but the end result: I did it. I got to the starting line and crossed the finish line 24 minutes and 52 seconds later. I barely reached my goal of sub 25 minute 5K. This is also my fastest and hardest 3 mile run. The Atlanta Track Club Peachtree City 5K.

New Year, New Age Group (45-49), New PR 24:52 (unofficial.) 8:00 mile pace.
** Official D-tag time showed: 24:46**
My Garmin watch indicated that the distance was only 2.98 miles, though???

* Competition may be the root of all evil, unless it's against yourself.

* Resolution #3: Play, Rest, Work, in that order.

* I want to be like Klimchak when I grow up. He gets paid to play at work, he gets to do things his own way, and he is an original. Can't beat that with a stick. Oh yes, HE CAN.

- "Who told you to do that?"
" My conscience." said a first grader (Luis C.)

* One out of three Americans is obese. 1/3 of America is now 1/2 of America.

No comments: