I started listening to Sade in my freshman year in college (1984) and have been a fan of hers since. Last week Sade the group released their latest "Soldier of Love", their first in 10 years. I heard the single on Rhapsody and it sounds funky, swingy and upbeat with a modern mix. I might have to get the whole thing on iTunes so I could listen to it during my runs. This will be the fourth decade (80's, 90's, 00's and 10's) of her work. Saw her on the Wanda Sykes show tonight, the woman still looks awesome at 51.
I just realized that even though I will be 45 next month, I would have lived through 6 decades: the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s. Six decades and straight ahead and strive for tone. Onwards and Upwards. Pretty cool, amazing and groovy ain't it?
* 3 albums to download from iTunes onto the iPhone:
1) Pixies-Surfer Rosa
2) Pylon-Gyrate
3) Sade-Soldier of Love
No comments:
Post a Comment