...Clouds in my coffee.
* Day 58: 5K race in Smyrna, the Second annual Run Thru the Forest. Tough course, lots of hills, and too many turns in residential area by my house. I go to a park close by to run the trails sometimes. Almost yelled out "Laura!" when I ran by a friend's house, she probably was still sleeping in at 8 AM. Pace: mile 1 was 8:22 (it was actually faster, because I started way in the back of the pack), didn't feel like it was that fast, mile 2: struggling again, breathing hard and tensed up in the shoulders, around 9:00 pace, and the last mile was also 9:00, but I finished strong and felt great at the end. It usually takes a couple of miles for the endorphins and my second wind to kick in. On a cold day like today (29 degrees at 7:30), I should have warmed up a little more, get in at least a mile or two before getting to the starting line. I also started way in the back, so the first mile was trying to go around slow runners, walkers and strollers. Ran the last two miles by myself, did not pass anyone nor did anyone else passed me. A guy in an Elvis wig and full-length white costume was in front of me the entire race, I almost caught up to him at the finish line but I was a little too far behind and started my push a little late. 27:10 was my time, it was my adjusted goal after the first mile, I realized that this was going to be a challenging 3 miler. Overall, I was pleased with the effort considering the conditions and the hills.
* Not a sport: Poker, Spelling Bee, Golf, Chess, Curling. Why are these on ESPN?
OK, game, contest, competition, required skills, YES. But not sports.
* If you're not in awe of Mother Nature's power, you should be.
Witness the latest: 8.8 earthquake in Chile, South America. Tsunami in Hawaii and worldwide.
Armageddon's coming!!! Everyone look busy. Pat Robertson is going to say God caused the earthquake in Chile so that there will be tsunami in Hawaii to punish Obama's home state. Just wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment