Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Child Left Behind



Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all time. I've always been a fan of her works. Acts of Mother Nature are awesome, although sometimes she has a sick sense of humor.

It's a lovely bright shiny beautiful morning here in Georgia, we've got about 4 inches of snow overnight. Most of it stuck. Woke up at 8, looked out the window, there's nothing as serene and peaceful like the morning after a snowstorm. Pristine clean white everywhere. So I went outside to run on the streets around our place at 9 AM. There was little traffic, the sun was out, there was no wind, and the temp was 26 degrees. Atlanta Rd was barren, I could have run in the middle of the street. Four miles and forty five minutes later, I made it back home with the 2 newspapers for the missus. What made it an awesome run? Slow, easy, paying attention to the surroundings, relaxed breathing and smooth arm swings. Only slipped a couple of times on the icy downhill road and turn at an angle. Didn't fall because I was under control and did not try to go too fast. I was just out enjoying the scenery and the fresh air. I just love the sight, sound, and smell of fresh pure white snow on the ground and sidewalk. Especially the crunching grinding swishing noise of my Saucony running shoes on the packed snow.

Oh, by the way, this is the 44th straight day of running at least a mile a day.
4 miles today, in 45 minutes, sunny 26 degrees weather.

# Say It Loud...I'm Gold...And I'm Proud!
They changed the "Yellow" line (MARTA public transportation system in Atlanta) to "Gold", starting now. Thanks for the sensitivity, but I thought we could have just changed the South line to the "Black" line. See how that works.

No comments: