Monday, February 15, 2010

TGIM...TG It's Monday

46 days in a row of running: about 4 miles today, 2 miles indoors on the treadmill at LA Fitness and around 2 miles outside at Tollison Park later. Didn't bring my Garmin watch. Lovely day, 38 degrees with plenty of sunshine and some wind. Nobody was at the park for some reason, maybe it's too windy, and still wet on some places of the trails. I see remnants of wannabe snowmen in the middle of the soccer field or in someone's yards. Blobs and blocks of snow on the grass.

* Dead Can Dance is one of those groups with a distinctive sound, like the Beatles or Michael Jackson or even Vivaldi, you instantly recognize that it's them. Or at least I can. May be it's Lisa Gerrard's voice, or the instrumentation of heavily-layered drums and bass, ethnic Eastern vocals contrasting with electronic synth sounds and effects. Yesterday I thought I heard the intro of Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough" on NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. I am pretty sure that was it. I had another idea while I was listening to bluegrass music on 1690AM Voice of the Arts the other day, remixing a hip hop beat would be groovy underneath all that banjo jangling. I get these ideas when I'm in the car or in the showers.

YOU ARE HERE X


No comments: